Monday, January 17, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my blog.  For those of you that know me, you know how I feel about sports.  Some have encouraged me to pursue it more, and I am finally going to take that advice.  I've always had an interest in sports "opinions".  I enjoy listening to sports radio talk shows such as Jim Rome, Dan Patrick, etc.  I also enjoy reading articles in the sports page.  Jason Whitlock is one of my favorite sports writers.  A lot of what he says is controversial but that does not bother him.  He writes what he feels and believes, reguardless of the repurcussions.  He is known nationwide partly because of that. I know that I will probably not compare to Jason Whitlock, Jim Rome, or Dan Patrick, but they are a great inspiration to me.  I've also always been what I like to call a "Devil's Advocate" type of person.  I like to look at both sides of the argument.  I've always been accused of starting arguments.  What most of them don't realize is that I am usually just defending the other person or the other side of the argument.  In all my years of following sports I've realized that whether people agree with this type of writing or speaking or not, it at least gets them involved in the conversation.  It gets them thinking.  That is one of my goals here, for you to have an opinion or reaction to my posts, whether it be positive or negative, express it, please.
While watching the Green Bay Packers give the Atlanta Falcons a "good ol' fashioned southern ass-whuppin" I was expressing my desire to be a sports writer and how (un)likely it is to happen, and this person suggested that I write a blog.  After thinking about it for a few days I decided to go for it.  Maybe it will lead to something better, maybe it won't.  Either way, I will be doing something I've always enjoyed and wanted to do, and that's all that's important to me.  I know that everyone has an opinion.  Again, I encourage your input and participation.  Respond to the posts.  Vote in the polls.  This won't be anything like Facebook, but I want to draw you in, and keep you coming back.  I welcome feedback and constructive criticism as well.  I am new to all this, and I will make mistakes. I want this to go well, and I will need your help to pull this off.  I will try not to go "Swarley" (from season 2 of "How I Met Your Mother." Watch it. LOVE it!) on you.
All that being said, welcome to my blog. Spread the word. Tell your friends. Invite anyone and everyone you know to visit.  PLEASE!!!  And most importantly, enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. good luck with your blog! it's fun to read even though i could care less about sports. :)

    ReplyDelete