Monday, January 31, 2011

Seriously???

Ok, this is not funny any more.  I would like to know how they justify ranking Kansas above Texas.  Texas has played a MUCH tougher schedule.  Kansas has played ONE top 25 team.  And they LOST to that team.  Texas has a LOT more quality wins.  2 of their losses are to top 10 teams.  Connecticut and Pittsburgh.  They have wins over Illinois, North Carolina, Michigan State, Texas A&M, KANSAS, and Missouri.  They face Texas A&M again tonight on Big Monday.  Who is KU's quality wins??  Memphis has fallen apart and is no better than Kansas State.  The only ranked team they've played is Texas and they lost.  Now before you go accusing me of being impartial again, I don't like Texas any more than I like Kansas.  I am not being impartial, just stating facts.  Look at their schedules.  See for yourself.  I suppose you could use the Bob Stoops arguement.  Even thought they (Texas) beat us (KU) head to head, we (KU) beat USC and they (Texas) lost to USC.  That's a load of crap.  If KU had a few more quality wins, against good quality teams, I would have no problem at all with them ranked where they are.  And I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the top 5.  All I'm saying is that it's only right and fair that they swap with Texas.  It should be Ohio State, Texas, Kansas.  Texas' schedule gets easier after tonight, and KU's get's tougher.  By the end of the season they will be a little more even.  If both teams win out, and that's a very likely possibility, then it's a tough call who's the better team.  But right now, Texas should be higher.  But, I know, it's not gonna happen.  One thing's for sure.  these last few weeks are going to be very entertaining, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment