Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Preparation

I must say I was a little disappointed after watching the game last night.  Ohio State absolutely mopped the floor with Purdue.  I can't find a good thing to say about that game from Purdue's perspective.  Ohio State looked VERY impressive.  I was expecting a good close game.  Everyone gets up for the #1 team in the country.  The Iowa's and Texas Tech's circle those days on their calendar.  Teams like Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, Ohio State, etc. always get everyone's best shot.  Colorado almost upset Kansas the other night.  Well, Purdue must have forgot to circle that date.  Ohio State got off to a good, fast start and never looked back.  They had a BIG lead at half time.  I only kept watching hoping that they would fix things at halftime and come out strong and make a game of it.  Well, not only did that not happen, but it got worse.  It was a completely different team than Saturday night against Michigan State.  Saturday night they beat a very good Michigan State team.  The score doesn't do it justice.  They good a lead and never let MSU get back into it.  Everytime they tried to make a run, Purdue had an answer.  Well, that was a completely different Purdue team Tuesday night.  Saturday night they could have beat Ohio State, Kansas, Pittsburgh, or Duke.  Tuesday night they couldn't have beat Iowa or Texas Tech.  Every team has a bad night.  Hopefully they got the message that they are human and this was a one game thing, unlike K-State who still hasn't recovered.  That got me to thinking.  I think they were preparing me for the misery i'm going to endure this Saturday night.  I want to be optomistic and say that it's going to be a good game.  The KSU has a chance and could very likely pull of the upset.  I really want to believe that.  But....  let's be realistic here.  To say that K-State has underachieved this season would be an understatement.  They were the preseason pick to win the Big XII.  They started off 1-3 in conference play.  On the other side of the court you have the Jayhawks.  To say that I don't like them would be an understatement.  Most of you reading this already know how much I dislike them.  They suffered their first home loss in almost 70 games at the Phog Saturday night and almost got upset by Colorado the other night.  Its not very likely that a team as good as Kansas is going to have 3 bad games in a row.  A slumping K-State team and a upset KU team doesn't spell good for Wildcat fans.  I am hoping and praying that KSU plays their best game of the season.  I would love nothing more than another upset.  It's the best of both worlds for me with my team winning, and KU loosing.  I really wish we could have Brent Musburger and Bob Knight call the game though.  I am NOT looking forward to listening to the "impartial" Dick Vitale.  From the wonderful Morris twins, to the "diaper dandy" Josh Selby.  The only time he will talk about KSU is how disappointing their season has been so far, and how they have underachieved.  Got a preview of that already last Saturday night.  And I don't have the luxury of using the mute button and listening to Wyatt Thompson and Stan Weber.  But, as soon as they start that stupid chant, I'm changing the channel, if I haven't already.  I'm hoping for a good game.  It will be hard to top last year's game.  I hope the Ohio State/Purdue game wasn't a preview, but it's not looking very good.  Go Wildcats...

1 comment: